Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Will of Green Berry Barnes





Georgia
Bulloch County
     I Green B Barnes of said county and state being of sound a disposing mind and memory do make this my last will and Testament.
Item first
     I give derive and bequeath to my Wife Missouria Barnes during her widowhood on her natural life all of my estate both real and personal, the same to be kept together for the mantananceand support for my said wife and children.
Item Second.
     In case of the death or marraige of my said wife, it is my will that my said estate be kept together until my youngest child becomes of age.
Item Third
     It is my will that my two sons James H and Willis R Barnes have the priviledge of running all my mill machinery, that as compensation for this Services they are to receive Eighteen dollars each per month from the proceeds of the Gins, saw mill, planer and other machinery connected therewith, the ballance of the earnings of said machinery is to be turned over to my said wife, and out of this fund she is to keep the property in repair, first, and to equally divide whatever may be left between all my children annually.  It is also my will that the said JH & WR Barnes are to manage the Grist mill, and that the gross proceeds from the grist mill are to be turned over to my said wife to be used for the support and mantanance of my family
Item Fouth
     It is my will that my sister Sarah Barnes shall have the priviledge of living with my family and enjoying the same support as she has in the past.
In case she shall survivie until there is a distribution of my estate it is my will that she shall receive three Hundred Dollars ($300.00) in money or property to be selected by her, which shall be hers only for life, and on her death to be equally divided among my heirs at law.
Item Fifth
     I give bequeath and devise to A.R. Lanier Ordinary of said County and to his successors in office one and one half acres of Land to be staked off by my Two Eldest sons for a Grave Yard for my self and family, said Land lying about Two hundred yards south east from my Present residence, being the Land whereon the Body of Reamer Barnes is now interred.
Item Sixth
     It is my will that in the event my widow should marry, that she have a home for her life consistently of my present residence and provided with sufficient stock and farming utensils to run same, That in the event of the marriage of my widow, She Shall cause to controll the [blank space] from my will property, and that said shall go into the hand of my executor for distribution as aforesaid.
Item Seventh
     It is my will that the amounts I have advanced Ella C Jones wife of John Jones the $66.62 be accounted for in the final distribution of my estate.
Item Eighth
     I hereby constitute and appoint G.S. Johntson Executor of this my last will and Testament this the 11th day of Jany 1891
          Green B Barnes

Signed, declared and published by Green B Barnes as his last WWill and Testament, in presence of us the subscribers our names hereto, in the presence of said testator at his instance and request and of each other, he signing in our presence and we signing in his presence.
          B. T. Outland
          M. B. Marsh
          W. M. Warren

     Recorded in common form this June 2nd 1891.
          A. R. Lanier
               Ordiny

Bulloch County Will Book Vol. 1, 1874-1927, pp 132-134. Transcribed from FHL Film #181902, 10 Dec 2011, by Timothy Jones.

That’s about it for now.

Later y’all,

*GeorgiaTim

No comments: